We have the highest regard for your privacy and personal information and realize that the success of our services depends on the trust that you have in the way we handle your personal information. By entrusting us with your information, we would like to assure you of our commitment to keep such information private. We have taken considerable steps to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of this information. We encourage you to review the following information carefully.
GROUNDS FOR DATA COLLECTION
Processing of your Personal Information (meaning, any information which may potentially allow your identification with reasonable means; hereinafter “Personal Information”) is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our Service, to protect our legitimate interests, and to ensure compliance with legal and financial regulatory obligations.
HOW DO WE RECEIVE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
While you may use some of the functionality of the Service without creating a profile or registration, certain tools of the Service require registration and provision of your information, including Personal Information.
- If you choose to create a profile or register with us – you will be asked to provide Personal Information which will be associated with your Health information.
- Whenever you submit information via our Service – including, but not limited to, by telephone or email with customer service, we may collect Health Information and other Personal Information you provide us, in order to provide you with our Service.
- If you choose to sign up via your Google account – when you sign-up to the Service via your Google account, we will have access to basic information made publicly from your Google account, such as your full name, home address, email address, birthdate, profile picture, friends list, personal description, as well as any other information you made publicly available on such account, or agreed to share with us.
It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with any Personal Information or Health Information, however if you do not provide this information you may not be able to create a profile or register with the Service and your use of the Service may be limited.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We collect the following Personal Information about you:
Create Profile and Registration information – your name, email address, gender, birth year and optionally zip code.
We may collect the following information – country of residency, home address, birthday and phone number.
- If you are a healthcare provider, you will be asked to provide information regarding your professional qualifications as well as additional Personal Information during registration.
Voluntary information – when you communicate with us (for example when you send us an email or use a “contact us” form) we collect the Personal Information you provided us with.
Technical information – we collect certain technical information that is automatically recorded when you use our Service, such as your IP address, device approximate location.
Personal Health Information – you may choose to use certain features of the Service that will allow you to input other Personal Information with respect to your health, such as the medications you take, the date of your prescriptions, the number of refills you have made, how often you take your medication, dosage, physical measurements your doctor’s name, and the name of your pharmacy (collectively your “Health Information”).
Site usage data – We collect information about your use of the Site. This includes, but not limited to: type of computing or mobile device you use, language of your operating system, the Internet browser you are using, geo-location and use of the Site.
Health Information – We may also collect your non-identifiable Health Information if you choose to provide it (in case of non-registered users)
TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES – COOKIES
A “persistent” cookie may be used to help save your settings and customizations. Also, if you log in to the Site, such a cookie will be used to recognize you as a valid user so you will not need to log in each time you use the Site.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies however allow you to modify security settings so you can approve or reject cookies on a case-by-case basis or reject all cookies. You can configure your web browser to remove cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” section.
Also, you are free to delete any existing cookies at any time. If you delete or disable cookies from our Site, some parts or functions of the Site may not work properly for you.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
- Provision of service – we will use the Personal Information you provide us for the provision and improvement of our Service to you. For example, data collected automatically on the Service may be used to help diagnose problems with our servers, to make our Service more useful, to customize it and personalize its content for you (for example, we will use your Health information to send you reminders to take your medications).
- Marketing purposes – we will use your Personal Information (such as your email address or phone number) to communicate with you. We may also send you promotional material concerning our services or our partners’ services (which we believe may interest you), including but not limited to, by building an automated profile based on your Personal Information, for marketing purposes.
- Opt-out of receiving marketing materials – If you do not want us to use or share your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you may opt-out in accordance with this “Opt-out” section. Please note that even if you opt-out, we may still use and share your personal information with third parties for non-marketing purposes (for example to fulfill your requests, communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, etc.). In such cases, the companies with whom we share your Personal Information are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these non-marketing services.
- Analytics, surveys and research – we are always trying to improve our services and think of new and exciting features for our users. From time to time, we may conduct surveys or test features, and analyze the information we have to develop, evaluate and improve these features.
- Protecting our interests – we may use your Personal Information when we believe it’s necessary in order to take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, investigate and protect ourselves from fraud, protect the security or integrity of our Service and protect the rights and property of Medisafe, its users and/or partners.
- Enforcing of policies – we may use your Personal Information in order to enforce our policies, including but limited to our Terms, or Client Agreement.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements – we also use your Personal Information as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Research partners – We may share your Personal Information with third parties, such as research institutes, healthcare systems and healthcare providers, that they may associate with other information that they have about you, for research purposes and for improvement of our services.
- Providers of personalized third party content – From time to time, we may also ask whether you would like us to share your Personal Information with another company that may want to send you information about their products or services. If you consent to such transfer by us of your Personal Information to another company, please note that the information provided will be subject to such company’s privacy practices and shall not be within our control.
- Content providers – We may also use your Personal Information in order to provide you with personalized third party content or links to third party sites that might interest you. We provide this third party content and/or links to third party sites for information purposes only and are not liable for such content or sites. For more information see the “Links to other Websites or Apps” section below.
- Service providers – We might share your Personal Information, as is reasonably necessary, with our contractors or consultants, including vendors and suppliers that provide us with development services, technology (such as Google Analytics), services, or content for the operation, development and maintenance of our Service or data and analysis on Service use, who are bound by an obligation of confidentiality, provided that we will only share Personal Information to the extent necessary with such contractors or consultants.
- Law authorities – we may share your personal data with law enforcement authorities, courts and tribunals, including with legal advisors and consultants, in case we need to respond to law enforcement requests or other legal requests or pursuant to a requirement imposed by law, order, judgment or decree, or courts in order to protect and defend our rights and property or those of Service users.
- Merger, acquisition or sale – We may transfer your Personal Information in the event of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
Your Personal Information will not be combined with other information and will not be used for other purposes, except as explained in this policy. Please note that we are not subject to medical secrecy obligations.
- Personal Information you may share through our Service
- Medfriend – You may send family members or friends an invitation to be your “Medfriend” by means of the Service, so that such Medfriend will receive alerts regarding your compliance with your medication regime. By sending such invitation, you represent that you have the right to contact the Medfriend and that you consent to our sending Personal Information about your medications and your compliance with your medication regime to the Medfriend. Sharing of your Personal Information in this manner is solely your responsibility.
- Medical professionals and Doctors – You may use the Service in order to share your Personal Information or other information with your doctor or healthcare providers. Such sharing may be enabled by inviting your healthcare provider to monitor your Personal Information, by accepting an invitation from your healthcare provider to download and use the Service, or otherwise using the Service settings to share your information with your healthcare provider; in these cases you consent to our sending Personal Information about your medications and your compliance with your medication regime with your healthcare providers. Confirm with your healthcare provider that they have sent you an invitation to download the App. Such sharing of your information is at your discretion and is solely your responsibility.
- Pharmacies and coupon companies – you may choose to share your Personal Information with pharmacies with which we partner, and/or third party coupon companies, in order that we may send you coupons and/or provide you with reminders to get your prescription refilled. If you choose to share your Personal Information in this manner, please note that such information may be disclosed to the coupon companies and/or pharmacies and will be subject to their privacy practices.
While we take great care to keep your Personal Information confidential and secure, when you share your health or medication information with others or provide feedback regarding health matters, medications and otherwise, including by means of social media sites, or when you participate in a forum on the Service, any information disclosed by you in such way is solely your responsibility. You should exercise caution when disclosing any information (including Personal Information) in such ways, as you do not know who will access or use such information and for what purposes.
USE OF AGGREGATED DATA
Aggregated data will not contain any information that could be used to contact or identify you. We may analyze and/or combine all information we receive, including Health Information and information regarding your use of the Service, with information from other users to create aggregated data that may be disclosed to and utilized by us, our affiliates and by third parties without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion, for purposes such as: content marketing, research purposes, in order to understand behavior patterns, in order to increase adherence to medication regimens, marketing strategies and for entering into commercial contracts in order to provide our users with the Service. As an exception to the above, we will not include data received via Apple HealthKit in the aggregated data we share with and/or sell to affiliates or third parties.
Please note that some of our service providers may be located outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
We may transfer our databases containing your Personal Information in connection with the transfer or sale of all (or substantially all) of our business assets, or in the event of a merger, consolidation or similar transaction
EEA RESIDENTS RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
At any time, you can stop the collection of your information by uninstalling the App and refraining from using the Service.
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of Personal Information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your Personal Information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information.
- Object to the processing of Personal Information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your Personal Information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, or ask us a question please contact us:
ATTN: DPO, Medisafe Project Ltd.
Building #25, MATAM, Haifa 31905, Israel
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide our services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR APPS
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information. Your information is stored on secure servers and isn’t publicly available. We limit access of your information only to those employees or partners that need to know the information in order to enable the carrying out of the agreement between us.
You need to help us prevent unauthorized access to your account by protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your account (for example, by signing off after you have finished accessing your account). You will be solely responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all use of your password and your account, including any unauthorized use.
While we seek to protect your information to ensure that it is kept confidential, we cannot absolutely guarantee its security. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of your personal Information or other content you transmit using the service, and you do so at your own risk.
Our Service is intended for use by persons 18 years of age and older. Under no circumstances should the Service be used by children under 16 years of age, and we will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person we know to be in this age group. If you discover that your child has been using the Service without your consent, or that someone has been using the Service for or on behalf of your child without your consent, please contact us using the information below under “How to Contact Us,” and we will take reasonable steps to delete the child’s information from our active databases. Medisafe reserves the right to check its user base from time to time and remove users whom Medisafe has grounds to believe they are in fact minors, including without limitation, restricting those user accounts, or deleting them, as Medisafe may deem appropriate.
HOW TO CONTACT US
ATTN: Medisafe Project Ltd.
Building #25, MATAM, Haifa 31905, Israel
115 Mare St., London E8 4RU, UK
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer: DPO@medisafe.com