Medisafe Helps Fight High Blood Pressure
Medisafe’s recent study results show that Medisafe users experienced dramatic improvements in their blood pressure levels over a 30-day period.
“The silent killer” is a common name for high blood pressure, and for good reason. Every one in three U.S. adults, about 78 million Americans, have high blood pressure. This number is projected to rise to 111 million in 2030 due in part to low rates of medication adherence, yet only about half (52%) of people with high blood pressure have their condition under control.
People who have high blood pressure are:
- Three times more likely to die from heart disease, and
- Four times more likely to die from a stroke.
Costs and projections related to high blood pressure:
- The total cost of high blood pressure in 2015 was $150B, projected to double to $274B in 2030.
- The total cost of stroke in 2015 was $95B, projected to double to $185B in 2030.
- The total health and economic costs of all cardiovascular disease was more than $656B in 2015, with a projected cost of $1.2 trillion by 2030.
As the current leading mHealth platform for medication management with more than 2 million users, Medisafe’s impact can meaningfully address the medication non-adherence problem.
Read the full results of our blood pressure study, and learn how mHealth, with Medisafe at the forefront, is tackling this global health epidemic.