May is Mental Health Awareness Month: Why You Should Care & What You Should Know
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. According to Mental Health America, 1 of every 5 American adults will have a diagnosable mental health condition in any given year. Mental health condition can appear in many forms, such as Anxiety, Depression, Phobias, OCD, PTSD, PDD. Although the numbers are high, there is not enough of an open discussion about Mental Health, mainly because people feel ashamed to come forward because of the stigma associated with the condition.
“1 of every 5 American adults will have a diagnosable mental health condition in any given year” #MentalHealthMonth
We at Medisafe want to contribute our part to raising awareness for Mental Health: Below, we are highlighting 3 Medisafe features that we believe people can benefit from, along with some other articles that can help us all live a calmer and healthier life.
We also would like to call out to our incredible users to join in the efforts of raising awareness for this important cause. Here are some quick and easy ways to make a big difference:
- Tag your Twitter and Instagram posts with #mentalillnessfeelslike; they will be collected and displayed at www.mentalhealthamerica.net/feelslike
- Submit an anonymous post with images and/or text at www.mentalhealthamerica.net/feelslike
- Check out www.mentalhealthamerica.net/feelslike to see what other people are saying about how it feels to live with a mental illness
- Share the www.mentalhealthamerica.net/feelslike page with your friends, family and other members of your social networks to help spread the word that mental health problems are real and common, and people do recover.
#FightintheOpen, so people know they’re not alone. #MentalHealthMonth
Medisafe features that can help you or a family member with anxiety (or any other mental condition):
- How are you feeling today? Measure and track your mood
“How have you been feeling?” is a question friends and doctors often ask, but it’s probably one of the toughest questions to answer when you’re struggling with a mental condition. We’re making it easier for you to answer that: we added “Mood” as a new Measurement. It has a scale from 0, which can mean “sad”/”bad” to 10, “happy”/”good” so you can better describe to others how you’re feeling. Try it out, we hope it makes things easier.
- Be a true friend, be a Medfriend
This feature calls out to all those who have a friend or family member living with anxiety, depression or any other mental health condition that requires taking medications: Our Medfriend feature is a simple way to show them your support. By becoming their Medfriend, you will receive a reminder if they forget to take their medication. We already proved that by becoming a Medfriend you can help improve your friend’s medication intake by an average of 17%, so your impact is incredible.
Become a Medfriend to easily improve your friend’s medication intake by 17%. #MentalHealthMonth
- Diary- the place for you
Diary is your personal space to organize thoughts and important information regarding your health. It’s where you can describe your feelings and write in further length about how you’re doing. If you choose to, you can also send your entries to your doctor, family member, or any caregiver that you wish to update on how you are doing.